Wholesale Commercials managing director, Will Mouat, has worked closely with Protecta Insurance NZ Limited, a leading automotive Mechanical Insurance provider, to tailor an extensive commercial vehicle warranty package which comes standard with purchase on WCV Premium vehicles. Previous experience as a transport fleet operator has enabled Will to establish what commercial vehicle purchasers need from a mechanical insurance policy. The result is an inclusive warranty policy on qualifying vehicles, which provides cost effective warranty cover to ensure his customers have peace of mind from major component failure. Will's aim is to provide as close to a new vehicle warranty as possible with WCV premium used vehicles.
This tailored Warranty Package is specifically designed to provide WCV customers protection from major components and drivetrain failure as well as unscheduled repairs and maintenance. This LCV policy is specifically designed to provide warranty cover for new generation diesel engines engineered to meet Euro4 & 5 emission standards, where high pressure Common Rail Injection, Unit Injectors, Variable Vane Turbo Charging, Intercooling, and advanced engine management systems are all standard equipment. Our LCV policy provides full cover for most components* now standard on the latest engines as well as full cover on all associated drivetrain components.
*Some normal wear items are not covered - see policy Terms & Conditions, General Exclusions section. If it's not listed in exclusions section..... IT'S COVERED!!!
WHOLESALE COMMERCIAL VEHICLES PROTECTA LCV POLICY WORDING.
Light Commercial Vehicles - Mechanical Breakdown Insurance
This Mechanical Breakdown Insurance (hereinafter referred to as this Policy) is between the Purchaser named in the Proposal Form and Allianz New Zealand Limited (hereinafter referred to as the Company) which has authorised PROTECTA Insurance New Zealand Limited (hereinafter referred to as PROTECTA Insurance) and it’s agents to administer this Policy.
Light Commercial Vehicle Cover
In the event that a mechanical breakdown occurs and falls within the terms and conditions of this insurance policy, Protecta Insurance agrees to contract with the Authorised Repairer for the repair of the vehicle. Payment shall include the reasonable cost required to repair the vehicle to a condition in no way inferior to that at the Policy Start Date. Protecta reserves the right to source and supply parts to repair the failure.
Protecta at its option can choose whether to repair the vehicle or pay the cash value of these repairs, limited in both cases to this insurance policy limits of liability.
Mechanical Breakdown means any sudden and unforeseen mechanical or electrical failure of the Parts Covered.
Limits Of Liability
1. Maximum limits of liability
a. Maximum liability during the policy period is limited to the current market value of the vehicle at the time of the claim less the excess as described in the Certificate of Insurance
b. Maximum liability in respect of any one Mechanical Breakdown is detailed in the Certificate of Insurance
The limits of liability stated above shall include any amounts that we may have become liable to pay for rental costs, accommodation costs and towing costs as set out below.
2. Protecta Insurance will reimburse you (subject to an acceptable claim) for:
a. Rental costs - the costs of hiring a rental vehicle of similar size to the vehicle covered by this insurance policy, up to a maximum of $300 in respect of any one mechanical breakdown. This cover will only apply when the vehicle breaks down more than 100km from your current residential address and the vehicle is unable to be used due to repairs being affected for a period exceeding (72) seventy-two hours. Protecta shall not be liable of the normal running costs (e.g. insurance, mileage, petrol, oil) of the rental vehicle.
b. Accommodation costs - The cost of reasonable accommodation expenses incurred by you to a maximum of $300 per claim as a result of the vehicle sustaining a Mechanical Breakdown when such Mechanical Breakdown occurs more than 100km from your current residential address.
c. Towing costs - The cost of towing the vehicle arising from the vehicle sustaining a mechanical breakdown covered by this insurance policy up to maximum of $100 on any one claim.
Please note: The costs of the above clause can only be considered following presentation to Protecta of a detailed relevant GST invoice or receipt.
The excess as shown in the Certificate of Insurance applies to each and every unrelated claim accepted by Protecta. Unrelated claims are those repairs where on component has not directly caused the failure of another and therefore each repair is treated as a separate and unrelated claim.
WE WILL NOT PAY FOR:
1. Any claim arising from defects which were in existence at the Policy Start Date
2. Where the vehicle is not maintained and serviced in accordance with the vehicle service programme outlined in this insurance policy.
3. Any mechanical Breakdown where any repairs have been carried out contrary to the Claims Procedure.
4. Any mechanical Breakdown caused by the use of fuel grades not recommended by the vehicle manufacturer.
5. Any costs arising from diagnosing a repair where the repair is not covered by this insurance policy.
6. Any Mechanical Breakdown that is the subject of a recall by the vehicle manufacturer or to any repairs covered by any other form of insurance, warranty or guarantee or to any costs arising from the rectifying of any failure of, or defect or fault in, the design or specification of any component.
7. Any Mechanical Breakdown or liability occurring in whole or in part due to any misuse, or abuse, external damage/cause or act or omission (whether willful, unlawful or negligent) to the vehicle.
8. Any claims that are fraudulent.
9. Any costs arising from contamination, corrosion, rust, deterioration or sludge.
10. Any repairs covered by any other form of insurance, warranty of guarantee.
11. Any injector failure which is a result of wear, gradual deterioration, corrosion or contamination.
12. Any repairs necessitated by the failure of any plastic, rubber or composite components due to gradual deterioration and any resulting damage.
13. Any claim arising from loss of time, loss of use, inconvenience, storage charges, accidental damage, fire, theft, conversion, or any other consequential loss.
14. Any claim arising or liability for incidental or consequential damage caused by the failure of a non-covered component.
15. Any Mechanical Breakdown that has either been contributed to or has arisen as a result of the vehicle being modified from the manufacturer's original specification.
16. Any costs arising from, or for rectifying, defective or faulty repair or workmanship.
17. Any claim arising from the continued operation of the vehicle once a fault has occurred, including loss of lubricant or coolant.
18. Any costs associated with the servicing, maintenance, adjustment or tuning of any component.
19. Any general repair expenses including telephone, scan and tool charges, sundry, freight charges and any disposal or environmental charges.
20. Any costs relating to the repair or replacement of brake shoes, disc pads, rotors, mountings, shock absorbers, suspension air bags, drive belts, tyres and wheels, wheel alignment and balancing.
21. Any costs relating to the repair or replacement of batteries, body work, communication systems (including bluetooth, wifi and cellular), locks/remotes and associated mechanisms, lights and associated mechanisms, glass, mirrors and associated mechanisms, handles, hinges paintwork, rams, satellite navigation systems, seat belts and associated mechanisms, struts, cosmetic items, trim, upholstery, visual and audible parking and pedestrian warning systems, tyre pressure sensors, clutches and flywheel assemblies due to wear and tear, exhaust systems, spark plugs and filters.
Vehicles we Cover
This insurance policy covers the vehicle as declared in the certificate of insurance.
Vehicles we do not cover
Any vehicle with an odometer reading in excess of 250,000kms or over (12) twelve years of age at the policy start date.
1. Taxis, rentals, couriers and other fare paying passenger vehicles.
2. Any vehicle with a gross weight exceeding 12,000kg GVM.
3. Any vehicle used in racing competitions, time trials or rallies.
4. Any vehicle with more than two axles.
5. Any vehicle with more than a one ratio gearbox.
Vehicle Service Programme
1. All servicing should be carried out by an approved service facility in accordance with the manufacturer's specifications. Phone 0800 776 832 for assistance.
2. The first service must be completed at the time of purchase. The minimum ongoing service requirements thereafter are 10,000kms or within 12 months, whichever occurs first.
3. A copy of the service records and all service invoices will be required in the event of the claim. Any service is to be noted on the service invoice for reference purposes.
4. The servicing required to be carried out in accordance with the Vehicle Service Programme is your responsibility and failure to complete the service requirements may result in your claim being declined.
Minimum Service Requirements are:
1. Change engine oil and oil filter
2. Change the fuel filters every 20,000kms
3. Check air cleaner and replace if necessary
4. Check clutch operation for slippage
5. Check turbo oil feed pipe for blockages and leaks
6. Check camshaft belt and all drive belts and replace if necessary
7. Check all fluid and oil levels and top up if necessary
8. Check CV joints and boots
9. Check cooling system for leaks and pressure test
10. Check transmission oil and filter and service transmission if required
11. Check engine tuning (spark plugs if fitted) adjust and replace as required
12. Check braking, steering and suspension system
1. The camshaft belt needs to be checked if there is no proof that it has been replaced within the last 40,000km. (Proof will be required in the event of a claim).
2. Please record all servicing on the "service record" page at the rear of the insurance policy.
1. In the event of a mechanical breakdown - phone 0800 776 832.
2. All repairs must be carried out by an authorised repairer. Failure to comply may result in the claim being declined.
3. In the event of the claim you must supply a copy of the relevant invoice relating to the servicing requirements as outlined in the vehicle service programme.
4. You will be required to authorise any dismantling required to determine if there is a valid claim under this insurance policy. Costs for dismantling are covered subject to the limits of liability and terms and conditions contained in this insurance policy should a subsequent acceptable claim arise.
5. A claim form may need to be completed prior to the acceptance of a claim.
6. In the event of an acceptable claim Protecta will pay for the time taken to repair the vehicle as determined by a recognised and current flat rate manual as supplied by the manufacturer, MTA, or similar authority.
7. Any repairs commenced or carried out without prior approval will not be covered.